Born in Manchester, England, Nick Arrojo’s career began at Vidal Sassoon. After 20 years in the industry, including successful stints with Wella and Bumble and Bumble, he opened ARROJO Studio in Manhattan in 2001.
In 2002 Nick became the hairdressing host for What Not to Wear. With 8 million viewers tuned in every week, it became TLC’s number one show, making Nick an American household name.
Nick’s work has graced fashion magazines of the world on countless occasions. He’s a regular stylist at New York fashion shows, and a regular guest for hair-related news stories on the ABC and NBC TV networks.
An acclaimed stylist, educator, and leading light in the business, Nick’s ground-breaking approach to hairstyling – in particular his signature razor-cutting technique – is recognized worldwide. He is the reigning two-time winner of BTC's Stylist Choice Awards Platform Artist / Educator of the year, a constant fixture in Salon Today's Top 200 and notably took home a 2008 Global Salon Business Award for Entrepreneur of the Year.
In March 2010, Nick launched his eponymous line of hair care products NYC, to salons across America––complete with a back-end mentor and support program called ARROJO Ambassadors, designed to maximize potential of salon owners and stylists.
Today, ARROJO Studio is a multi-award-winning 13,000 square foot salon that also incorporates ARROJO Academy, ARROJO Cosmetology School, and the ARROJO Product concept store.
- There is a proper way to hold your razor. This is crucial and your cuts depend on it. If you are having difficulty, ask for help. You might have a co-worker or manager who is well versed in razor cutting who can act as a mentor. It never hurts to ask! Additionally always remember, in order to be good at something you must practice, practice and practice again. Don’t walk away from a class or two and think you’re a master. It is important to continue your education and keep learning new techniques.
- The ARROJO Feather Razor, of course. It's a tool I custom designed to provide stylists with precision, balance and control while allowing for maximum creativity. In 2011 we're releasing another version of the razor with steel guarded disposable razor blades. Think of it like a training razor, great for beginners and those who prefer the comfort of a guard.
Share a unique fact, not hair related
I've only ever had two jobs. Hairdresser and DJ. In my hometown of Manchester, UK - I was a very well known DJ at the famous Hacienda nightclub.
Videos using the Razor from ArrojoTV:
Videos using Shears from ArrojoTV:
Vivienne Mackinder is the current Fashion Director for Intercoiffure America-Canada, and one of the most highly respected international leaders in the hairdressing profession today. In her work as Artistic Director for industry grand masters Vidal Sassoon and Trevor Sorbie, Vivienne developed an expertise for precision cutting and an eye for original hair design, from the classic and the commercial to the avant-garde.
Based in New York, she grew up in London and subsequently spread her wings to New York. She has been honored with numerous awards, including the much coveted North American Hairstyling Awards (five times plus 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award), as well as the prestigious IBS Editors’ Choice Awards (three times).
As a session stylist, Vivienne has collaborated and designed hair collections for runway fashion collections in New York, Paris and London. She is also an in-demand featured guest artist and educator for premier international events and her work is consistently published in press world-wide. She is the founder of the ‘Roots and Wings’ educational program in New York as well as ‘HairDesignerTV.com’.
When you enter the brilliant world of Vivienne Mackinder called ‘HairDesignerTV.com’, you open up amazing new opportunities, approaches, and resources to cutting hair with a razor a la Mackinder. Vivienne is passionate about everything she believes in – and her penchant for razor cutting is no exception.
“The scissor is the architect of design…and the razor the sculptor’s tool. I am able to create texture and shape simultaneously with great control and efficiency.”
Vivienne and her young, dynamic Art Team are always sharing and showing their insider secrets to phenomenal hair cutting with razors, whether they’re touring the country doing classes or teach online via ‘HairDesignerTV.com’. Jatai highly recommends that you ‘catch a class’, or ‘watch VivTV’ to catch up on techniques you could be doing tomorrow on your clients! For more complete details of Mackinder razor cutting educational videos and events, drop by HairDesignerTV.com
• Fashion Director for Inter Coiffure North America, 2010
• 5 time winner of the North American Hair Styling Awards
• NAHA honoree "Life Time Achievement Award", 2009
• Producer and Director of Documentary film series, “I'm Not just a Hairdresser”
• Founder of HairDesignerTV.com - presenter on Web TV show
• Editor in Chief, MOD magazine
• Editorial stylist, Platform artist, Keynote speaker
Video: Vivianne discusses using a Hair Razor (around 3:20):
Internet Explorer Users:
We are experiencing technical difficulties with Internet Explorer. Please use a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome for the best shopping experience. Thank you!
Mon-Fri from 8:30am to 5pm
Toll Free: (888) 965-2824
Office: (714) 670-9400
Fax: (714) 670-9440